Link with intersphinx to Trais docs

Timmie
Administrator
Hello,
where can I find the intersphinx [1] objects.inv in order to link my
documentation to the Traits online documentation?

I tried to download it from [2] but without success.
I will first try to create my own build of the trais documentation. But it would
be nice to be able to link there

Best regards,
Timmie

[1] http://sphinx.pocoo.org/latest/ext/intersphinx.html
[2]
http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits/docs/html/traits_user_manual/objects.inv

Re: [Enthought-Dev] Link with intersphinx to Trais docs

Janet Swisher
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Tim Michelsen
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> where can I find the intersphinx [1] objects.inv in order to link my
> documentation to the Traits online documentation?
>
> I tried to download it from [2] but without success.
> I will first try to create my own build of the trais documentation. But it would
> be nice to be able to link there
>
> Best regards,
> Timmie
>
> [1] http://sphinx.pocoo.org/latest/ext/intersphinx.html
> [2]
> http://code.enthought.com/projects/traits/docs/html/traits_user_manual/objects.inv

Most likely, the person who posted the Sphinx output to the web server
didn't realize that that file should be included. In fact, the docs
that are on the website may have been created with an earlier version
of Sphinx that didn't produce that file. The docs are from 26 Nov
2008, while Sphinx 0.5, in which intersphinx was added, was released
only a few days prior (23 Nov 2008).

So, the quick fix is for you to build the Traits docs for yourself.
The longer-term fix is for Enthought folks to update the Traits docs
on the website for Traits 3.2 using the latest Sphinx, and include
objects.inv. You could submit a Trac ticket for it:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/

--Janet

Re: [Enthought-Dev] Link with intersphinx to Trais docs

Timmie
Administrator
Hi,
thanks for your reply.

> The longer-term fix is for Enthought folks to update the Traits docs
> on the website for Traits 3.2 using the latest Sphinx, and include
> objects.inv. You could submit a Trac ticket for it:
> https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/
Done:
https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/ticket/1865

Regards,