Iterative sparse methods (eigs, bicg) crash for complex numbers

Iterative sparse methods (eigs, bicg) crash for complex numbers

Vutshi
Hello everyone,

I have problem with eigs and bicg and probably other iterative sparse methods. It works fine for real numbers but crashes for complex numbers:
eigs(rand(10,10)+1j*rand(10,10))
/Applications/Enthought/PyLab (64-bit).app/Contents/MacOS/startup.command: line 2: 13867 Segmentation fault: 11  /Library/Frameworks/EPD64.framework/Versions/7.2/bin/ipython --pylab
logout

[Process completed]

I'm using EPD 7.2-2 x64 on Mac OS 10.7.3.
What could be the problem?

Re: Iterative sparse methods (eigs, bicg) crash for complex numbers

Vutshi
Hello,

I'm now on EPD 7.3-2 (64-bit) (Mac OS 10.8.2 and Linux Mint) and the problem is still there. Does anybody have any idea how to work around this issue with sparse methods?

Re: Iterative sparse methods (eigs, bicg) crash for complex numbers

Markus Gonser
Dear customer,

thank you for your e-mail. I am out of office until mid January 2013 and will not be able to respond to your support request. I will do so as soon as I get back.

i am aware of one a bug related to iOS 5.1.1 and I am sorry, that you might be exposed to it. The current workaround possiblities are:
1) Try to use free m48 until workaround exists
2) Update to a higher iOS if possible
3) Try to load a very simple skin (one of the low reolution Real-skins (e.g. for iPhone w/o Retina))
4) Wait until update, which has highest priority.

Regards,

Markus

Re: Iterative sparse methods (eigs, bicg) crash for complex numbers

Vutshi
Finally the problem is solved!
New update to scipy 0.11 fixes it.

Thanks.