Is iPython upgrade risky on EPD 7.3?

Des.P
I'm on EPD7.3 on OSX 10.6.8. Is it safe to upgrade my iPython to the current 13 release?

Thanks!

Re: Is iPython upgrade risky on EPD 7.3?

Jonathan March
Definitely. Not only safe, but recommended!
$ enpkg ipython

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Des.P <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm on EPD7.3 on OSX 10.6.8. Is it safe to upgrade my iPython to the current 13 release?

Thanks!

Re: Is iPython upgrade risky on EPD 7.3?

Des.P
Thanks, Jonathan!  I just upgraded my iPython and am glad I did.

Are there other upgrades to the 7.3 packages that are similarly safe & recommended?

On Oct 9, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Jonathan March wrote:

Definitely. Not only safe, but recommended!
$ enpkg ipython

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Des.P <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm on EPD7.3 on OSX 10.6.8. Is it safe to upgrade my iPython to the current 13 release?

Thanks!

Re: Is iPython upgrade risky on EPD 7.3?

Jonathan March
Des,

There are only a handful of packages that are updateable in EPD Free.

Pandas is another popular package that is moving quickly, but at present only EPD subscribers can update it using enpkg.

Really, any package which you are using actively is worth considering updating, and with enpkg, you can try updating, then rollback easily if you change your mind. But again, this is mostly available for EPD subscribers.

-- Jonathan