How to start learning Enable, any tutorial?

How to start learning Enable, any tutorial?

Ariman
Hi, everyone:
    Are there any tutorial or documents about the Enthought Enable module? I want to learn some of it, but
after googled a lot, I can't find out any useful guide to start with, can anyone give me some help.

    Actually, Enthought is really great to have many modules, but so far, I'm only able to learn its Chaco and Traits, the other modules like Enable, Guitest and Mayavi are lack of tutorials. So, how do you learn them, can you share the materials.

Thanks very much!

Re: How to start learning Enable, any tutorial?

Jonathan Rocher
Hi Ariman,

Thanks for your question. You are pointing to a problem we are aware of: we are lacking tutorials/documentation on many of our packages. We are actually planning on working more on this in the coming months. Any help is welcomed.

For Enable, what I would recommend is to look at the examples located in
https://github.com/enthought/enable/tree/master/examples/enable

You should find examples for most of the main ETS packages though not every single one. For Mayavi, there is more documentation. I would recommend you have a look to the documentation at
http://github.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/
as well as the relatively recent pdf by Prabhu and Gael
http://mahi.ucsd.edu/class233/reading/mayavi_user_guide.pdf

Hope this helps some.
Jonathan

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 1:19 AM, Ariman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, everyone:
   Are there any tutorial or documents about the Enthought Enable module? I
want to learn some of it, but
after googled a lot, I can't find out any useful guide to start with, can
anyone give me some help.

   Actually, Enthought is really great to have many modules, but so far,
I'm only able to learn its Chaco and Traits, the other modules like Enable,
Guitest and Mayavi are lack of tutorials. So, how do you learn them, can you
share the materials.

Thanks very much!

Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer
Enthought, Inc.
[hidden email]
1-512-536-1057
http://www.enthought.com

Re: How to start learning Enable, any tutorial?

Ariman
Hi, Jonathan Rocher

    Thank you very much for your reply, I'll follow that guides.
    Looking forward to your nice work about the tutorials/documentation.