How to display a 3D surface and a 2D image in one screen?

How to display a 3D surface and a 2D image in one screen?

zhixiu li
Hi ALL,
I read 2 2D array and plot a 2D image and then  I use this 2D image to plot
a 3D surface. But the problem is that the 2 object overlaps with each. Is
there anyway the separate them? Thank you!

Re: How to display a 3D surface and a 2D image in one screen?

Gael Varoquaux
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:41:38PM -0400, zhixiu li wrote:
> I read 2 2D array and plot a 2D image and then  I use this 2D image to plot
> a 3D surface. But the problem is that the 2 object overlaps with each. Is
> there anyway the separate them? Thank you!

Use the 'extent' keyword argument, as in the following example:
http://github.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/auto/example_wigner.html

HTH,

Gael