How to apportion HSplit in traitsui-generated window

How to apportion HSplit in traitsui-generated window

reckoner

In the following snippet:

    view = View(HSplit(Item('figure', editor=MPLFigureEditor(),
                         dock='vertical'),
                    Item('panel', style="custom"),
                    show_labels=False,
                   ),
             resizable=True,
             height=0.75, width=0.75,
             handler=MainWindowHandler(),
             buttons=NoButtons)

HSplit divides the window into two panels of equal size. What can I do
to make one panel take up 1/3 of the space while the other occupies the
other 2/3 of the space in the window. I have done a lot of source diving
and read the online documentation, but I am not having any luck.

Any help appreciated!

P.S. Here is the corresponding stackoverflow question if you want to
respond there:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22548200/how-to-apportion-hsplit-in-traitsui-generated-window