The Software Developer at Enthought, Inc. participates in the development of scientific and technical applications involving GUIs, 2-D and 3-D graphics, workflow and pipeline architecture, and numerical algorithms. The position also involves some interaction with clients. Some travel may be required.
We are interested both in experienced applicants as well as in recent graduates. Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD degree with a strong background in science and mathematics, as well as real experience developing quality software, either commercial or open source. More experienced applicants should also have demonstrated project management skills and the ability to lead a team of strong developers with highly technical backgrounds.
Applicants will be measured against the following qualifications:
• (Required) Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other scientific or engineering field with preferably an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
• (Required) Minimum 2 years of technical lead or development experience with 4 or more years preferred.
• Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and implement an intuitive user interface geared toward the scientist or engineer user.
• Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write readable, documented, and unit-tested code that serves as an example to others who later study your work.
• Strong work ethic and commitment to satisfying the customer.
• Experience with Python, and a strong understanding of how to apply its capabilities to develop GUI frameworks, work flow frameworks, and elegant scientific applications.
• Strong understanding of statistics, optimization, image processing, signal processing, or other technical area.
• Experience with the following:
• GUI frameworks such as NetBeans or Eclipse
• wxPython, Qt
• Low-level 2-D graphics APIs such as Quartz or GDI+
• 3-D graphics, preferably using VTK
• Developing or working with plotting APIs
• Experience using (and interest in contributing to) SciPy
• numeric algorithms
Enthought offers competitive salaries and the opportunity to work on varied and interesting technical projects. We are located in Austin, TX, consistently rated as one of the best places to live in the US. Benefits include health, dental, vision and a 401k plan.
If you are interested in applying, submit a resume to [hidden email]. Code samples and links to previous work are encouraged but not required.