FW: Zoomed or panned Chaco plot does not update unless clicked on

FW: Zoomed or panned Chaco plot does not update unless clicked on

Jean-Paul Davis
I have not yet been able to reproduce this problem with toy code, but thought I would pose the question anyway in case someone has an idea of what I should be looking for in my real code that could cause the symptom.

My plot in its original state updates itself beautifully as relevant traits listeners are called.  As soon as the plot is in a tool's non-original state (say, zoomed in with the Zoom tool, or panned with the Pan tool), it no longer updates, even though the code that causes an update is in fact running.  Clicking on the plot in this state causes the update to appear on screen.  It's as if automatic redrawing gets turned off if in a non-original tool state; calling the plot's request_redraw method updates the plot (and that's my workaround), as does clicking on the plot, as does resizing the plot.  After returning to the original tool state by hitting ESC, redraws are once more automatic.  I get the same behavior under wx and under qt4.  This is on Windows (I can test on Linux, but haven't yet).

Jean-Paul Davis
Sandia National Laboratories