EuroSciPy 2013

Thomas Lecocq
FYI

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: EuroSciPy 2013 - Deadline of the call for abstracts on 28 april and many updates
Date : Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:50:04 +0200
De : Organisation of EuroScipy [hidden email]
Pour : Organisation of EuroScipy [hidden email]

Dear Scientist using Python,

EuroSciPy is the European Conference on Python in Science. The call for
abstracts for oral and poster presentations for EuroSciPy 2013 closes at the end
of this week, on 28 april. We welcome your applications via our website
https://www.euroscipy.org/. As a reminder, our keynote speakers are Cameron
Neylon (Public Library of Science) and Peter Wang (Continuum Analytics).

Find more below! Tutorials, sprints, focus issue of the journal "Computational
Science and Discovery" (IOP), proceedings and participant support!

We are glad to announce that the tutorial program is online at
https://www.euroscipy.org/schedule/tutorials/. As usual, our tutorial speakers
will cover all the basics in a beginner track and many powerful tools in the
advanced track.

Three sprints will be organized on the day following the conference: Python
visualization, Sage: Open Source Mathematics Software and NumPy and SciPy. More
information at https://www.euroscipy.org/program/sprints/.

Contributors to EuroSciPy 2013 will benefit from two communication
opportunities:
1. An invitation to submit full and original research papers to be reviewed for
   a focus issue (jointly with the SciPy 2013 conference) on Scientific
   Computing with Python in Computational Science & Discovery (CSD), IOP
   Publishing's electronic-only, multidisciplinary journal for the computational
   science community. Further details (guest editors, issue scope, submission
   details, etc) will be announced soon.
2. An invitation to submit their contribution as a paper for the EuroSciPy 2013
   proceedings that will be published. Further details will be announced soon.

Thanks to NumFOCUS and PySV, travel support will be provided to a small number
of students/participants based on their contribution to the conference and/or to
the scientific Python tools. More information will follow during the
registration period.

SciPythonic Regards,

The EuroSciPy 2013 Committee

Re: EuroSciPy 2013

Thomas Lecocq
Just to stress the following:

While the tutorial program is already online, the deadline for the call for abstracts just got extended to May 5, 2013.  So there is still about a week to submit an interesting topic for a talk or a poster. You use Python for interesting scientific projects? Please consider presenting your work in Brussels.

Thomas

**********************
Dr Thomas Lecocq
Geologist