[Envisage] - Scientific application using 1 chaco container and mutiple data to show - Geophysical analysis tool

[Envisage] - Scientific application using 1 chaco container and mutiple data to show - Geophysical analysis tool

Thomas Lecocq
Dear all,

I've played with the Envisage Lorenz example, and I feel Ok to start a new greater project.

I want to build a geophysical data analysis tool, that would allow the simultaneous analysis of multiple data sources, using multiple transforms/treatments.

Let's take an example :

I have :
  • 1x  Electrical resistivity tomography = 1 2D image of the subsurface, lenght L
  • L/50m H/V seismic measurements
  • L/50m hand auger data
  • L/50m other kind of punctual measurements

I'm going to build an application that looks like mayavi, but for 2D analysis :

  • A "scene", here a "2DContainer"
    • ERT data
      • Scatter plot of the data points
      • 3D interpolation
        • Image plot
    • H/V data
      • Scatter plot of the station position
      • Line plot of the frequency/amplitude relation
    • Hand Auger data
      • Scatter plot of the depth of the water table

So, here are the questions :
  1. Has anyone already started/thought about such an environment ?
  2. Has anyone already felt like doing, but did not have time/courage to start ?
  3. Has anyone the desire to participate in such a development ?

Best regards to all,

Thomas

Thomas Lecocq
Geologist