Enstaller Enpkg: Zip_Safe and multiple version of the same package

Enstaller Enpkg: Zip_Safe and multiple version of the same package

Fadhel Ben Atig
Hi All,

I'm trying to find out if enpkg is supporting multiple installation of the same package with different versions and if it supports zip_safe installation of egg files. After a long search on the web I did not come with an answer. The enpkg options do not give any further information about multiple versions and zip_safe install.

How do I enforce zip_safe installation and if it's possible how can install different versions using enpkg and not easy_install ??

Thanks for your Help.

Fadhel
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Re: Enstaller Enpkg: Zip_Safe and multiple version of the same package

Ilan Schnell
Hello Fadhel,

Enstaller, or more precisely egginst never uses zip_safe installs.
However, you can create an egg which contains a zip-file, which will
get installed just like any other files.  For example you could have:
foo.pth     (pointing to foo.zip)
foo.zip     (the zip-file)
inside the egg, which would install the foo zip-file into site-packages,
and make it importable, as foo.pth points to it.

Concerning different versions of a package, there is an example
in the source tarball (in the examples folder) which shows how this is
done by using different install locations.

- Ilan