Encrypting passwords

Robert Unguran
Hi,

I'm using the Enthought workbench,  I just checked that the preferences will be stored in a config file, In my case the user can setup the mysql connection like host, user name and password, this password is storing as a simple human readable string, if somebody get this string than he/she has access to the mysql, is there a possibility to hide this password or encrypt?

All the best,
Robert

Re: Encrypting passwords

Jonathan March
Hi Robert,

I suggest using the keyring module, available in EPD or on pypi.

hth,
Jonathan

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:40 AM, Robert Unguran <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using the Enthought workbench,  I just checked that the preferences will be stored in a config file, In my case the user can setup the mysql connection like host, user name and password, this password is storing as a simple human readable string, if somebody get this string than he/she has access to the mysql, is there a possibility to hide this password or encrypt?

All the best,
Robert

Re: Encrypting passwords

Robert Unguran
Hi Jonathan,

How can I get the values of the configuration file, I mean is there any reading/writing event, for example I can encrypt/decrypt the password before/after writing/reading out from the config file?

Regards,
Robert