Enaml repo?

Des.P
I want to try out enaml, and have the 7.3 distro. Should I clone the enaml repo, or just work with what is included in 7.3? If I clone, can I overwrite the 7.3 version or keep it separate and modify pythonpath?

Is it usually OK to update some packages included in 7.3 (I use PyCharm, and it shows available updates for many of them)? Or is that a risky thing to try out without setting up something like virtualenv?

Thanks!

Re: Enaml repo?

Jaidev Deshpande
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Des.P <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I want to try out enaml, and have the 7.3 distro. Should I clone the enaml repo, or just work with what is included in 7.3? If I clone, can I overwrite the 7.3 version or keep it separate and modify pythonpath?

I'm not sure if the enaml you have in the distro is the latest one. So
I think it's okay to overwrite enaml from the github repo.

> Is it usually OK to update some packages included in 7.3 (I use PyCharm, and it shows available updates for many of them)? Or is that a risky thing to try out without setting up something like virtualenv?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Enaml repo?

Corran Webster
Hi Des,

if you want the latest, clone the github repo and it should be safe to do 'python setup.py install' from master.  That's probably a good place to work from for getting a feel for the Enaml language and capabilities.

Most development these days is happening in the feature-async branch of the github repo, so if you want to live on the bleeding edge you can checkout that branch and do 'python setup.py develop' and then periodically pull from the github repo.

-- Corran