Enaml on PyPI

Steven Silvester
When will "official" control of enaml be released to Nucleic?  Specifically I refer to the PyPI page.

Regards,

Steven Silvester

Re: Enaml on PyPI

Pierre Haessig
Hi,

Le 11/11/2013 17:31, Steven Silvester a écrit :
When will "official" control of enaml be released to Nucleic?  Specifically I refer to the PyPI page.
Just for the clarification: is Enthought discontinuing enaml ?

And as a side note, I can't find a link to http://code.enthought.com and the ETS ecosystem on the new Enthought website. I find it disturbing, but maybe this is a transitional issue due to the "reboot" of the website ?

best,
Pierre

Re: Enaml on PyPI

Didrik Pinte-2
Hi Steven,

It has been transferred yesterday.

-- Didrik

On 11 November 2013 16:31, Steven Silvester <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When will "official" control of enaml be released to Nucleic?  Specifically
> I refer to the PyPI page.
>

> Regards,
>
> Steven Silvester

Didrik Pinte                               +32 475 665 668
                                                +44 1223 969515
Enthought Europe                      [hidden email]
Scientific Computing Solutions   http://www.enthought.com

The information contained in this message is Enthought confidential &
not to be dissiminated to outside parties without explicit prior
approval from sender.  This message is intended solely for the
addressee(s), If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.

Re: Enaml on PyPI

Didrik Pinte-2
On 15 November 2013 10:12, Pierre Haessig <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 11/11/2013 17:31, Steven Silvester a écrit :
>
> When will "official" control of enaml be released to Nucleic?  Specifically
> I refer to the PyPI page.
>
> Just for the clarification: is Enthought discontinuing enaml ?

We're definitely not discontinuing using Enaml and contributing to it.
The main development is now done on here
http://github.com/nucleic/enaml. And the traits-enaml project has been
updated to support 0.8 as of yesterday.

We're having customer project tight to 0.6.x and the major changes in
0.7/0.8 do not allow us to switch in a day. It will take some more
time before retiring 0.6.x completely.

> And as a side note, I can't find a link to http://code.enthought.com and the
> ETS ecosystem on the new Enthought website. I find it disturbing, but maybe
> this is a transitional issue due to the "reboot" of the website ?

Thanks for the catch. We will make sure it gets fixed asap.

-- Didrik

Re: Enaml on PyPI

Pierre Haessig
Hi Didrik,

Le 15/11/2013 11:16, Didrik Pinte a écrit :
> We're definitely not discontinuing using Enaml and contributing to it.
> The main development is now done on here
> http://github.com/nucleic/enaml. And the traits-enaml project has been
> updated to support 0.8 as of yesterday.
>
> We're having customer project tight to 0.6.x and the major changes in
> 0.7/0.8 do not allow us to switch in a day. It will take some more
> time before retiring 0.6.x completely.
Thanks for the clarification.

So this is inline with what you explained me back in EuroSciPy this summer.

best,
Pierre

Re: Enaml on PyPI

Didrik Pinte-2
On 15 November 2013 10:21, Pierre Haessig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Didrik,
>
> Le 15/11/2013 11:16, Didrik Pinte a écrit :
>> We're definitely not discontinuing using Enaml and contributing to it.
>> The main development is now done on here
>> http://github.com/nucleic/enaml. And the traits-enaml project has been
>> updated to support 0.8 as of yesterday.
>>
>> We're having customer project tight to 0.6.x and the major changes in
>> 0.7/0.8 do not allow us to switch in a day. It will take some more
>> time before retiring 0.6.x completely.
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> So this is inline with what you explained me back in EuroSciPy this summer.

;-) Yes