Enaml - migrating from legacy to master

Jaidev Deshpande
Hi,

I've got a few projects that run on the legacy branch of enaml. I'm finding moving them to the feature async branch quite difficult, mostly because many classes have been changed and some of them are just not there anymore.

What's the best possible way to work my way up to the current master branch (or should I just fork and maintain a legacy branch myself)? Are there plans to move the old classes and widgets to the current branch? If so, I'd like to help with that. How do I get started?

Thanks

--
JD

Re: Enaml - migrating from legacy to master

Chris Colbert
The only functionality you should find entirely missing in the new stuff is widgets for lists/tables/trees. I just simply haven't had the time to get to them. I will add them at some point. ImageView is also out of commission at the moment, but will be back shortly.

If there are other things you are having trouble with, just post some details here and I'll point you in the right direction.

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Chris Colbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
The only functionality you should find entirely missing in the new stuff is widgets for lists/tables/trees.

Yes.

I just simply haven't had the time to get to them. I will add them at some point. ImageView is also out of commission at the moment, but will be back shortly.

Not only that, I think even EnableCanvas  isn't there. Can you suggest how I should go about using Chaco plots?

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Jaidev Deshpande <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM, Chris Colbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
The only functionality you should find entirely missing in the new stuff is widgets for lists/tables/trees.

Yes.

I just simply haven't had the time to get to them. I will add them at some point. ImageView is also out of commission at the moment, but will be back shortly.

Not only that, I think even EnableCanvas  isn't there. Can you suggest how I should go about using Chaco plots?

There's an outstanding PR for adding back Chaco support. Once we get it sufficiently cleaned up, I'll merge it:

If there are other things you are having trouble with, just post some details here and I'll point you in the right direction.

Thanks

The `legacy` branch isn't going anywhere. We will leave it around for a quite a while for those which are relying on it. It won't get any new features, but I will fix critical bugs.