Enaml ImportErrors in EPD 7.3.1

Jaidev Deshpande
Hi,

I recently had Ubuntu reinstalled on my PC, and then I installed EPD
7.3.1. The enaml available in EPD 7.3.1 is older than I usually work
with, so I installed enaml from my fork.

Surprisingly, enaml classes are being imported only in the enaml
directory that I fetched. They don't seem to be getting imported from
anywhere else.

Here's what is happening in my Terminal:

~$ python -c 'from enaml.stdlib.table_model import TableModel'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named table_model
~$ cd enaml
~/enaml$ python -c 'from enaml.stdlib.table_model import TableModel'
~/enaml$ cd ..
~$ python -c 'from enaml.stdlib.table_model import TableModel'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named table_model

Why should this happen? I'm using the same EPD installer I've had
since a long time and my enaml fork is up-to-date. It was working
absolutely fine until 2 days ago. Did reinstalling Ubuntu 12.04 change
something? If yes, how do I fix this?

Thanks!

Re: Enaml ImportErrors in EPD 7.3.1

Chris Colbert
you may also need to blow away your __enaml_cache__ directories in your fork. Try this one before anything else.

There is fairly intelligent code in Enaml to know when its cache files are stale, but you can fool it when mixing installs like this.

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Chris Colbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> you may also need to blow away your __enaml_cache__ directories in your
> fork. Try this one before anything else.
>
> There is fairly intelligent code in Enaml to know when its cache files are
> stale, but you can fool it when mixing installs like this.

Ok. I removed all the __enamlcache__ directories. That's not helping.

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Chris Colbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Are you running from the master branch or feature-async?

I'm running the master branch.

Re: Enaml ImportErrors in EPD 7.3.1

Jaidev Deshpande
On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM, Jaidev Deshpande
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 7:22 AM, Chris Colbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> you may also need to blow away your __enaml_cache__ directories in your
>> fork. Try this one before anything else.
>>
>> There is fairly intelligent code in Enaml to know when its cache files are
>> stale, but you can fool it when mixing installs like this.
>
> Ok. I removed all the __enamlcache__ directories. That's not helping.

I rebooted the computer and it's working now. Thanks.