EnaML table_view to return?

John Lund-2
A quick question for the EnaML team:

Can anyone make a guess when EnaML will support table_view (or equivalent) again?

I see lots of features and changes, but Tables seem to have been dropped.

Thanks in advance for any comments or guesswork you can offer,

John Lund

Re: EnaML table_view to return?

Jaidev Deshpande

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:06 AM, Chris Colbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm hoping soon, but unfortunately I don't have the time to put on it at the moment. Barring anyone else stepping up to the plate, it will have to be done in my free time.

Hi,

I'd like to take a shot at it. I would have thought that a dumb way to do this would be to copy classes like AbstractItemModel, etc from the old branch and use them here. But looks like too much has changed to support the old classes. Where should I start? (Let's say we just want to upgrade the ListView widget, for now.)

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:32 PM, John Lund <[hidden email]> wrote:
A quick question for the EnaML team:

Can anyone make a guess when EnaML will support table_view (or equivalent) again?

I see lots of features and changes, but Tables seem to have been dropped.

Thanks in advance for any comments or guesswork you can offer,

John Lund

JD

Re: EnaML table_view to return?

Steven Silvester
Jaidev,

I rewrote the traitsui_item widget last weekend (pull request
forthcoming).  Here's what I did.

1.  Copied label.py in enaml/widgets
2.  Created my own traits and made sure they were reflected in
snapshot and bind methods.
3.  Import the widget in enaml/widgets/__init__.py
4.  Copied qt_label.py from enaml/qt
5.  Used naming convention to create the on_action callbacks, and
utilized the tree dictionary in the create_widget method to build the
widget.
6.  Added a function definition to  enam/qt/qt_factories.py, and added
it to the register_default method.
7.  Repeated steps 4-6 for wx.
8.  Create test.enaml, importing the widget from enaml.widgets
9.  Test by calling enaml-run --toolkit=qt test.enaml and enaml-run
--toolkit=wx test.enaml

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Steve Silvester

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Jaidev Deshpande
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:06 AM, Chris Colbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm hoping soon, but unfortunately I don't have the time to put on it at
>> the moment. Barring anyone else stepping up to the plate, it will have to be
>> done in my free time.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to take a shot at it. I would have thought that a dumb way to do
> this would be to copy classes like AbstractItemModel, etc from the old
> branch and use them here. But looks like too much has changed to support the
> old classes. Where should I start? (Let's say we just want to upgrade the
> ListView widget, for now.)
>

>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:32 PM, John Lund <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> A quick question for the EnaML team:
>>>
>>> Can anyone make a guess when EnaML will support table_view (or
>>> equivalent) again?
>>>
>>> I see lots of features and changes, but Tables seem to have been dropped.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for any comments or guesswork you can offer,
>>>
>>> John Lund

> JD

Re: EnaML table_view to return?

John Lund
Thank you Jaidev - we'll try your approach.

John Lund
[hidden email]
Office: 281 578-0154