ETSprints April 16-17

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ETSprints April 16-17

Anthony Scopatz
Hello All, 

Travis and I (and I imagine others) have discusses the idea of doing regular, coordinated, global sprints on ETS.  This would help alive the sense that ETS is in 'maintenance' mode and allow us to dedicate some time and resources to improving it.  These would happen quarterly.  

An obvious opportunity for one such sprint is at SciPy 2011.  This means that time prior to this would be April 16th and/or 17th (two weeks from now).

I know that this is short notice but I think that we shouldn't pass it up.  At the very least, I'll be in the Enthought office in downtown Austin on these days.  If you can't make it to Austin, but are interested in doing a satellite sprint elsewhere at the same time, I'll be available via convore, skype, gchat, etc.   If people who have never used Traits, Chaco, Mayavi, etc, but want to learn this is also a great chance for them to dive in! 

So if you are interested, please let me know and we'll arrange things off-list.  I look forward to seeing y'all there!

Be Well
Anthony

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETSprints April 16-17

james osburn
I for one welcome our new python overloards ...
I would like to do this could it occur in the evening/weekends.
James

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello All, 

Travis and I (and I imagine others) have discusses the idea of doing regular, coordinated, global sprints on ETS.  This would help alive the sense that ETS is in 'maintenance' mode and allow us to dedicate some time and resources to improving it.  These would happen quarterly.  

An obvious opportunity for one such sprint is at SciPy 2011.  This means that time prior to this would be April 16th and/or 17th (two weeks from now).

I know that this is short notice but I think that we shouldn't pass it up.  At the very least, I'll be in the Enthought office in downtown Austin on these days.  If you can't make it to Austin, but are interested in doing a satellite sprint elsewhere at the same time, I'll be available via convore, skype, gchat, etc.   If people who have never used Traits, Chaco, Mayavi, etc, but want to learn this is also a great chance for them to dive in! 

So if you are interested, please let me know and we'll arrange things off-list.  I look forward to seeing y'all there!

Be Well
Anthony

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev



_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETSprints April 16-17

Gael Varoquaux
In reply to this post by Anthony Scopatz
On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 02:02:52PM -0500, Anthony Scopatz wrote:
>    An obvious opportunity for one such sprint is at SciPy 2011. This means
>    that time prior to this would be April 16th and/or 17th (two weeks from
>    now).

Hey, an ETS sprint for my birthday! That's cool.

I've noted this on my calendar and will be around on IRC and try to hack
as much as I can given other social obligations.

Great idea, by the way.

Gael
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETSprints April 16-17

Jonathan Rocher
Hey Anthony,

I will join too most probably one of the 2 days.

Jonathan

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Gael Varoquaux <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 02:02:52PM -0500, Anthony Scopatz wrote:
>    An obvious opportunity for one such sprint is at SciPy 2011. This means
>    that time prior to this would be April 16th and/or 17th (two weeks from
>    now).

Hey, an ETS sprint for my birthday! That's cool.

I've noted this on my calendar and will be around on IRC and try to hack
as much as I can given other social obligations.

Great idea, by the way.

Gael
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev



--
Jonathan Rocher,
Scientific software developer
Enthought, Inc.
[hidden email]
1-512-536-1057
http://www.enthought.com



_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETSprints April 16-17

Eraldo Pomponi
Hi Anthony, 

I will try to join you too ....

Eraldo 

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Anthony,

I will join too most probably one of the 2 days.

Jonathan


On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Gael Varoquaux <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 02:02:52PM -0500, Anthony Scopatz wrote:
>    An obvious opportunity for one such sprint is at SciPy 2011. This means
>    that time prior to this would be April 16th and/or 17th (two weeks from
>    now).

Hey, an ETS sprint for my birthday! That's cool.

I've noted this on my calendar and will be around on IRC and try to hack
as much as I can given other social obligations.

Great idea, by the way.

Gael
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev



--
Jonathan Rocher,
Scientific software developer
Enthought, Inc.
[hidden email]
<a href="tel:1-512-536-1057" value="+15125361057" target="_blank">1-512-536-1057
http://www.enthought.com



_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev



_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETSprints April 16-17

Varun Hiremath
In reply to this post by Anthony Scopatz
On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If people who have never used Traits, Chaco, Mayavi, etc, but want to learn this is also a great chance for > them to dive in!

I would also like to join; please mail me the details.

Thanks,
Varun
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETSprints April 16-17

Gael Varoquaux
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 04:55:11PM -0400, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > If people who have never used Traits, Chaco, Mayavi, etc, but want to learn this is also a great chance for > them to dive in!

> I would also like to join; please mail me the details.

How about this: I'll try to be on IRC, channel #enthought-dev on
freenode. I won't be able to dedicate too much time to the sprint today:
I am having a lot of people over to my place.

Gael
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev