ETS Sprints This Weekend

Anthony Scopatz
Hello All,

Just a friendly reminder that we are hosting the ETS Sprints this
weekend at the Enthought office in Downtown Austin. (515 Congress
Ave Suite 2100) from 1 - 7 pm CST on Saturday and Sunday.

Please feel free to attend either in person or virtually!

I hope to see you there!
Be Well
Anthony

Re: ETS Sprints This Weekend

Ilan Schnell
I'll be there.

- Ilan

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Just a friendly reminder that we are hosting the ETS Sprints this
> weekend at the Enthought office in Downtown Austin. (515 Congress
> Ave Suite 2100) from 1 - 7 pm CST on Saturday and Sunday.
>
> Please feel free to attend either in person or virtually!
>
> I hope to see you there!
> Be Well
> Anthony

Re: ETS Sprints This Weekend

Jonathan Rocher
I will be there 1 day out of 2.

Jonathan

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I'll be there.
>
> - Ilan
>

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Just a friendly reminder that we are hosting the ETS Sprints this
> > weekend at the Enthought office in Downtown Austin. (515 Congress
> > Ave Suite 2100) from 1 - 7 pm CST on Saturday and Sunday.
> >
> > Please feel free to attend either in person or virtually!
> >
> > I hope to see you there!
> > Be Well
> > Anthony

Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer
Enthought, Inc.
[hidden email]
1-512-536-1057
http://www.enthought.com

Re: ETS Sprints This Weekend

Andy Ray Terrel
Are there goals or any organization for the sprint?  I can't make
Saturday but probably Sunday.

-- Andy

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Just a friendly reminder that we are hosting the ETS Sprints this
> weekend at the Enthought office in Downtown Austin. (515 Congress
> Ave Suite 2100) from 1 - 7 pm CST on Saturday and Sunday.
>
> Please feel free to attend either in person or virtually!
>
> I hope to see you there!
> Be Well
> Anthony

Re: ETS Sprints This Weekend

Jonathan Rocher
Andy,

The goals for the ETS sprints:
- some (including Ilan and Anthony) will work a little more on the namespace
refactor
- some will work on going over ETS demos and examples, test them and make
them up to date.
- some (including myself) will continue working on the chaco documentation
webpage.
- ...

You can also define what you are interested in working on, the goal being to
improve ETS to make it easier for people to develop on/use.

The benevolent dictator for centralizing efforts and providing some
coherence is Anthony.

I will shoot for coming on Sunday as well.
Jonathan

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Andy,
>
> The goals for the ETS sprints:
> - some (including Ilan and Anthony) will work a little more on the
> namespace
> refactor
> - some will work on going over ETS demos and examples, test them and make
> them up to date.
> - some (including myself) will continue working on the chaco documentation
> webpage.
> - ...
>
> You can also define what you are interested in working on, the goal being
> improve ETS to make it easier for people to develop on/use.

Yup, I think we discussed at the last sprint having a procedural interface
for Chaco
would be nice.  Also starting to think about Python 3 migration for the
flagship tools
would also be appropriate.

Be Well
Anthony

> The benevolent dictator for centralizing efforts and providing some
> coherence is Anthony.
>
> I will shoot for coming on Sunday as well.
> Jonathan
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Andy Ray Terrel <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Are there goals or any organization for the sprint?  I can't make
> > Saturday but probably Sunday.
> >
> > -- Andy
> >
> > On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > Just a friendly reminder that we are hosting the ETS Sprints this
> > > weekend at the Enthought office in Downtown Austin. (515 Congress
> > > Ave Suite 2100) from 1 - 7 pm CST on Saturday and Sunday.
> > >
> > > Please feel free to attend either in person or virtually!
> > >
> > > I hope to see you there!
> > > Be Well
> > > Anthony

> Jonathan Rocher, PhD
> Scientific software developer
> Enthought, Inc.
> [hidden email]
> 1-512-536-1057
> http://www.enthought.com

Re: ETS Sprints This Weekend

Eraldo Pomponi
Hi all,

I will join you, at least in one of the two days.
Maybe we can discuss also about the future of BlockCanvas.

Cheers,
Eraldo

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Andy,
> >
> > The goals for the ETS sprints:
> > - some (including Ilan and Anthony) will work a little more on the
> > namespace
> > refactor
> > - some will work on going over ETS demos and examples, test them and make
> > them up to date.
> > - some (including myself) will continue working on the chaco
> documentation
> > webpage.
> > - ...
> >
> > You can also define what you are interested in working on, the goal being
> > improve ETS to make it easier for people to develop on/use.
> >

> Yup, I think we discussed at the last sprint having a procedural interface
> for Chaco
> would be nice.  Also starting to think about Python 3 migration for the
> flagship tools
> would also be appropriate.
>
> Be Well
> Anthony
>

> > The benevolent dictator for centralizing efforts and providing some
> > coherence is Anthony.
> >
> > I will shoot for coming on Sunday as well.
> > Jonathan
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Andy Ray Terrel <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Are there goals or any organization for the sprint?  I can't make
> > > Saturday but probably Sunday.
> > >
> > > -- Andy
> > >
> > > On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Anthony Scopatz <
> [hidden email]

> > --
> > Jonathan Rocher, PhD
> > Scientific software developer
> > Enthought, Inc.
> > [hidden email]
> > 1-512-536-1057
> > http://www.enthought.com

Re: ETS Sprints This Weekend

Anthony Scopatz
Hey All,

Something came up in my schedule on Sunday. I won't be able to start running
the
sprints then.  I might be able to attend later.  I'll work out on Saturday
who'll be there
for the day on Sunday and what we should be doing.

Do not fear! We'll still have the sprint on Sunday, but another person will
be kicking them off.

Be Well
Anthony

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Eraldo Pomponi <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I will join you, at least in one of the two days.
> Maybe we can discuss also about the future of BlockCanvas.
>
> Cheers,
> Eraldo
>

> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Andy,
> > >
> > > The goals for the ETS sprints:
> > > - some (including Ilan and Anthony) will work a little more on the
> > > namespace
> > > refactor
> > > - some will work on going over ETS demos and examples, test them and
> make
> > > them up to date.
> > > - some (including myself) will continue working on the chaco
> > documentation
> > > webpage.
> > > - ...
> > >
> > > You can also define what you are interested in working on, the goal
> being
> > > improve ETS to make it easier for people to develop on/use.
> > >

> > Yup, I think we discussed at the last sprint having a procedural
> interface
> > for Chaco
> > would be nice.  Also starting to think about Python 3 migration for the
> > flagship tools
> > would also be appropriate.
> >
> > Be Well
> > Anthony
> >

> > > The benevolent dictator for centralizing efforts and providing some
> > > coherence is Anthony.
> > >
> > > I will shoot for coming on Sunday as well.
> > > Jonathan
> > >
> > > On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Andy Ray Terrel <[hidden email]

> > [hidden email]

> > > --
> > > Jonathan Rocher, PhD
> > > Scientific software developer
> > > Enthought, Inc.
> > > [hidden email]
> > > 1-512-536-1057
> > > http://www.enthought.com

Re: ETS Sprints This Weekend

Ilan Schnell
I volunteer to be the host on Sunday.
- Ilan

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> Something came up in my schedule on Sunday. I won't be able to start running
> the
> sprints then.  I might be able to attend later.  I'll work out on Saturday
> who'll be there
> for the day on Sunday and what we should be doing.
>
> Do not fear! We'll still have the sprint on Sunday, but another person will
> be kicking them off.
>
> Be Well
> Anthony
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Eraldo Pomponi <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I will join you, at least in one of the two days.
>> Maybe we can discuss also about the future of BlockCanvas.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Eraldo
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 11:12 PM, Anthony Scopatz <[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>
>> > On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 9:19 AM, Jonathan Rocher <[hidden email]

>> make
>> > documentation

>> being
>> > >

>> > Yup, I think we discussed at the last sprint having a procedural
>> interface
>> > for Chaco
>> > would be nice.  Also starting to think about Python 3 migration for the
>> > flagship tools
>> > would also be appropriate.
>> >
>> > Be Well
>> > Anthony