ETS 3.5 release May 26th

Ilan Schnell
I just spoke with Peter and May 26, seems to be
a good date to target for a new ETS release.
The idea is to get new ETS into EPD which we
currently scheduled for June 8.

- Ilan

Re: ETS 3.5 release May 26th

Gael Varoquaux
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 06:04:30PM -0500, Ilan Schnell wrote:
> I just spoke with Peter and May 26, seems to be
> a good date to target for a new ETS release.
> The idea is to get new ETS into EPD which we
> currently scheduled for June 8.

Sounds good. It would be great to solve the VTK 5.6 problem before the
release. However, I won't be able to divert much effort in that because
of a conference deadline early June.

Cheers,

Gaël

Re: ETS 3.5 release May 26th

Ilan Schnell
In terms of EPD, we're sticking to VTK 5.4.2 for this
release, because I also ran into problems building
5.6 across all the platforms, so don't feel rushed.

- Ilan

On May 13, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 06:04:30PM -0500, Ilan Schnell wrote:
>> I just spoke with Peter and May 26, seems to be
>> a good date to target for a new ETS release.
>> The idea is to get new ETS into EPD which we
>> currently scheduled for June 8.
>
> Sounds good. It would be great to solve the VTK 5.6 problem before the
> release. However, I won't be able to divert much effort in that
> because
> of a conference deadline early June.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gaël

Re: ETS 3.5 release May 26th

Gael Varoquaux
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 06:18:33PM -0500, Ilan Schnell wrote:
> In terms of EPD, we're sticking to VTK 5.4.2 for this
> release, because I also ran into problems building
> 5.6 across all the platforms, so don't feel rushed.

Right, but I was more thinking of ETS per se: people are going to
download the latest release, and find that it doesn't work with the
latest VTK.

Gaël

Re: ETS 3.5 release May 26th

Ilan Schnell
We can put that in the release notes :-)

- Ilan