ETS 3.5.0 release middle October

Ilan Schnell
Hello,

I want to let everybody know that I'm planning
to release ETS 3.5.0 in the middle of October.
By looking at the current changes of the ETS
projects, only releases of AppTools, Chaco,
CodeTools, Enable, EnthoghtBase, Envisage,
Mayavi and Traits will be necessary, where the
releases of AppTools, Mayavi and Trais will be
minor releases and the rest patch releases.
The ETS release will also be made available
in EPD 6.3, which we're planning for the end
of October.
Please let me know if this timeline seems
reasonable, or if you have other concerns.

- Ilan

Re: ETS 3.5.0 release middle October

Stephan Gerhard
Hi!

Is there any chance to provide Debian/Ubuntu packages of
the new release?
(The most recent Ubuntu still ships with rather old versions)

Thanks,
Stephan

Am Dienstag, den 28.09.2010, 18:18 -0500 schrieb Ilan Schnell:

> Hello,
>
> I want to let everybody know that I'm planning
> to release ETS 3.5.0 in the middle of October.
> By looking at the current changes of the ETS
> projects, only releases of AppTools, Chaco,
> CodeTools, Enable, EnthoghtBase, Envisage,
> Mayavi and Traits will be necessary, where the
> releases of AppTools, Mayavi and Trais will be
> minor releases and the rest patch releases.
> The ETS release will also be made available
> in EPD 6.3, which we're planning for the end
> of October.
> Please let me know if this timeline seems
> reasonable, or if you have other concerns.
>
> - Ilan

Re: ETS 3.5.0 release middle October

Ilan Schnell
Hello Stephan,
I'm not sure who has provided Debian/Ubuntu packages
of ETS in the past.  We usually just provide the source
tarballs of new releases and then leave it up to the
corresponding packagers to create rpm's or other binary
packages.
We only provide binary packages of new ETS releases
in the form of "Enthought eggs" which we then use in
the next release of EPD.

- Ilan

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 4:54 AM, Stephan Gerhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Is there any chance to provide Debian/Ubuntu packages of
> the new release?
> (The most recent Ubuntu still ships with rather old versions)
>
> Thanks,
> Stephan
>
> Am Dienstag, den 28.09.2010, 18:18 -0500 schrieb Ilan Schnell:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to let everybody know that I'm planning
>> to release ETS 3.5.0 in the middle of October.
>> By looking at the current changes of the ETS
>> projects, only releases of AppTools, Chaco,
>> CodeTools, Enable, EnthoghtBase, Envisage,
>> Mayavi and Traits will be necessary, where the
>> releases of AppTools, Mayavi and Trais will be
>> minor releases and the rest patch releases.
>> The ETS release will also be made available
>> in EPD 6.3, which we're planning for the end
>> of October.
>> Please let me know if this timeline seems
>> reasonable, or if you have other concerns.
>>
>> - Ilan

Re: ETS 3.5.0 release middle October

Timmie
Administrator
> I'm not sure who has provided Debian/Ubuntu packages
> of ETS in the past.  We usually just provide the source
[...]

> We only provide binary packages of new ETS releases
> in the form of "Enthought eggs" which we then use in
> the next release of EPD.
I have made quite good experiences with automated package building on
Launchpad.
If you need asistance, please send a mail.