ETS-3.4 and Mayavi-3.3.1 installation is missing icons? (not installed ...)

ETS-3.4 and Mayavi-3.3.1 installation is missing icons? (not installed ...)

robert somerville
I seem to have tracked the problem down to the missing .png files that used to live in the directory :

enthought/tvtk/pyface/images/16x16

rsomerville@galena:/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/enthought/tvtk/pyface/images/16x16$ \ls -1 *.png
configure.png
fullscreen.png
isometric.png
origin_glyph.png
parallel.png
save.png
x-axis.png
y-axis.png
z-axis.png

these files didn't make it into the easy_install of (or apparently the "ets co ETS" ) of ETS-3.4.(0,1) into a CLEAN directory ( at least for me ) ...

Thanks
Robert Somerville

Re: ETS-3.4 and Mayavi-3.3.1 installation is missing icons? (not installed ...)

Gael Varoquaux
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 04:46:08PM -0700, robert somerville wrote:
>    I seem to have tracked the problem down to the missing .png files that
>    used to live in the directory :

>    enthought/tvtk/pyface/images/16x16

Hey Robert,

You (and maybe others) have clearly been reporting lately installation
problems that come from the fact that de data files (non-Python code
files) are not installed properly. I don't know why this is the case, and
it needs investigating. Will do when I find time, if someone doesn't beat
me to it (not before Monday, as I have a wedding to go to this week end,
and work to do for Monday).

Cheers,

Gaƫl

>    rsomerville@galena:/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/enthought/tvtk/pyface/images/16x16$
>    \ls -1 *.png
>    configure.png
>    fullscreen.png
>    isometric.png
>    origin_glyph.png
>    parallel.png
>    save.png
>    x-axis.png
>    y-axis.png
>    z-axis.png

>    these files didn't make it into the easy_install of (or apparently the
>    "ets co ETS" ) of ETS-3.4.(0,1) into a CLEAN directory ( at least for me )

>    Thanks
>    Robert Somerville

    Research Fellow, INRIA
    Laboratoire de Neuro-Imagerie Assistee par Ordinateur
    NeuroSpin/CEA Saclay , Bat 145, 91191 Gif-sur-Yvette France
    ++ 33-1-69-08-78-35
    ++ 33-6-28-25-64-62
    http://gael-varoquaux.info