ETS-3.4 & Mayavi installation problem #2 ?? missing file pylab_luts.pkl

ETS-3.4 & Mayavi installation problem #2 ?? missing file pylab_luts.pkl

robert somerville
hi ;

I found a work around by copying "pylab_luts.pkl" found on source browser page:

https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Mayavi/trunk/enthought/mayavi/core/lut/pylab_luts.pkl

and just copied it over to the indicated missing location on the mayavi build/installation tree

Thanks
Robert Somerville

Re: ETS-3.4 & Mayavi installation problem #2 ?? missing file pylab_luts.pkl

Christoph Willing

On 19/03/2010, at 10:12 AM, robert somerville wrote:

> hi ;
>
> I found a work around by copying "pylab_luts.pkl" found on source
> browser page:
>
> https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/Mayavi/trunk/enthought/mayavi/core/lut/pylab_luts.pkl
>
> and just copied it over to the indicated missing location on the
> mayavi build/installation tree

I've sometimes had problems with builds missing preferences files and,
rather than copy from previous installations (what if its your 1st
installation, or what if there's a significant difference between
versions?), I've so far always been able to find them in the source
tree that I'm building from.

I see that the pylab_luts.pkl file is available in the tarball that
I'm using to build from (made from a recent svn co). Its at Mayavi/
enthought/mayavi/core/lut/pylab_luts.pkl and I'd expect its there in
your source tree too.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8316
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland