ETS 3.4.0 released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ETS 3.4.0 released

Ilan Schnell
Hello,

I am happy to announce the release of ETS 3.4.0
This release includes many updates and bug fixes,
in particular to Chaco, Enable and Traits.
The source tarballs can be found on PyPI, as well as:
http://www.enthought.com/repo/ets

Next week, we're planning to release EPD 6.1, which
will include this release of ETS.

Best wishes   Ilan

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Peter Wang
Thanks for doing the release, Ilan, and thanks to everyone for
pitching in to getting this done!

-Peter
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Raphael Walker
Hello Ilan,

I downloaded Packages from your repo and try to build them.

Traits:
http://enthought.com/repo/ETS/Traits-3.3.0.tar.gz

C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>python setup.py bdist_egg
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 66, in <module>
     execfile('setup_data.py', setup_data)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'setup_data.py'

C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>

The File 'setup_data.py' is really missing in this Traits Package.

Regards,
Raphael

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Boiteux, Benoit
In reply to this post by Ilan Schnell
Hello,
Congratulation for the release!

When will it possible to install 3.4.0 from easy_install ?
(doesn't work for the moment)

Benoit

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Ilan Schnell
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 4:38 AM
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: [Enthought-Dev] ETS 3.4.0 released

Hello,

I am happy to announce the release of ETS 3.4.0
This release includes many updates and bug fixes,
in particular to Chaco, Enable and Traits.
The source tarballs can be found on PyPI, as well as:
http://www.enthought.com/repo/ets

Next week, we're planning to release EPD 6.1, which
will include this release of ETS.

Best wishes   Ilan

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

sargis
In reply to this post by Ilan Schnell
Greetings,

I'm joining Benoit to congratulate for the release! Before trying it,
I'd like to ask if it's worth upgrading to python 2.6 to use ETS 3.4.0?
Would you recommend python 2.5 or 2.6 for this release?

Thanks,
Sargis

--

Sargis Dallakyan, Ph.D. - Research Programmer
Department of Molecular Biology
The Scripps Research Institute
10550 North Torrey Pines Road, TPC-26
La Jolla, CA 92037-1000
Tel: (858) 784-9559
http://mgltools.scripps.edu/Members/sargis


On 02/25/2010 05:39 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Send Enthought-Dev mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Enthought-Dev digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:

>     3. ETS 3.4.0 released (Ilan Schnell)
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Ilan Schnell
In reply to this post by Raphael Walker
Hello Raphael,

I've fixed the source tarballs, and uploaded them to PyPI
again.  Should be OK now.

Thanks   Ilan


On Feb 25, 2010, at 2:16 AM, Raphael Walker wrote:

> Hello Ilan,
>
> I downloaded Packages from your repo and try to build them.
>
> Traits:
> http://enthought.com/repo/ETS/Traits-3.3.0.tar.gz
>
> C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>python setup.py bdist_egg
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 66, in <module>
>     execfile('setup_data.py', setup_data)
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'setup_data.py'
>
> C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>
>
> The File 'setup_data.py' is really missing in this Traits Package.
>
> Regards,
> Raphael
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Enthought-Dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Glenn Tarbox, PhD


On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Raphael,

I've fixed the source tarballs, and uploaded them to PyPI
again.  Should be OK now.

I've tried "ets co ets" which brings down 3.3.1.... 

ets co "ets==3.4.0"  

doesn't seem to work

am I missing something?

-glenn


Thanks   Ilan


On Feb 25, 2010, at 2:16 AM, Raphael Walker wrote:

> Hello Ilan,
>
> I downloaded Packages from your repo and try to build them.
>
> Traits:
> http://enthought.com/repo/ETS/Traits-3.3.0.tar.gz
>
> C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>python setup.py bdist_egg
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 66, in <module>
>     execfile('setup_data.py', setup_data)
> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'setup_data.py'
>
> C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>
>
> The File 'setup_data.py' is really missing in this Traits Package.
>
> Regards,
> Raphael
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Enthought-Dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev



--
Glenn H. Tarbox, PhD ||  206-274-6919 || [hidden email] - xmpp || ghtdak - aim,jabber,IRC,yahoo


_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Ilan Schnell
Hello Glenn,

in the root of the ETS svn repository is a file called
project_map.ini which hasn't been updated yet.  This
is the file which the ets command uses to determine
the versions.  Unfortunately, Dave Peterson, who wrote
the ets command, and is the only person who knows
how to update this file, no longer works at Enthought.
So for the time being, just ignore the wrong version:
$ ets co ets
always gets the trunk projects.

- Ilan


On Feb 27, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Glenn Tarbox, PhD wrote:

>
>
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Ilan Schnell  
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Raphael,
>
> I've fixed the source tarballs, and uploaded them to PyPI
> again.  Should be OK now.
>
> I've tried "ets co ets" which brings down 3.3.1....
>
> ets co "ets==3.4.0"
>
> doesn't seem to work
>
> am I missing something?
>
> -glenn
>
>
> Thanks   Ilan
>
>
> On Feb 25, 2010, at 2:16 AM, Raphael Walker wrote:
>
> > Hello Ilan,
> >
> > I downloaded Packages from your repo and try to build them.
> >
> > Traits:
> > http://enthought.com/repo/ETS/Traits-3.3.0.tar.gz
> >
> > C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>python setup.py bdist_egg
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "setup.py", line 66, in <module>
> >     execfile('setup_data.py', setup_data)
> > IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'setup_data.py'
> >
> > C:\ETS_3.4.0\Traits-3.3.0>
> >
> > The File 'setup_data.py' is really missing in this Traits Package.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Raphael
> >
> > --
> > This message has been scanned for viruses and
> > dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> > believed to be clean.
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Enthought-Dev mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
>
> _______________________________________________
> Enthought-Dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
>
>
>
> --
> Glenn H. Tarbox, PhD ||  206-274-6919 || [hidden email] - xmpp ||  
> ghtdak - aim,jabber,IRC,yahoo
>
> _______________________________________________
> Enthought-Dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released (Debian Packages)

Varun Hiremath
In reply to this post by Ilan Schnell
Hi all,

I have updated all the enthought packages in Debian to the latest
3.4.0 release. Please update and let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks,
Varun
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released (Debian Packages)

Peter Wang
On 3/1/10 12:41 AM, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have updated all the enthought packages in Debian to the latest
> 3.4.0 release. Please update and let me know if there are any issues.
>
> Thanks,
> Varun

Thank you so much for doing this!


-Peter
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released (Debian Packages)

Gael Varoquaux
On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 01:01:51AM -0600, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 3/1/10 12:41 AM, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> > Hi all,

> > I have updated all the enthought packages in Debian to the latest
> > 3.4.0 release. Please update and let me know if there are any issues.

> > Thanks,
> > Varun

> Thank you so much for doing this!

Yes, a big +1. Packaging is so important!

Gaël
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released (Debian Packages)

Gael Varoquaux
In reply to this post by Varun Hiremath
On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 01:41:33AM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> I have updated all the enthought packages in Debian to the latest
> 3.4.0 release. Please update and let me know if there are any issues.

Just to make sure I get things right: I don't see them in sid. They are
in experimental, right? What's the timeframe for moving from experimental
to sid?

Cheers,

Gaël
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released (Debian Packages)

Varun Hiremath-2
Hi Gaël,

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 01:41:33AM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
>> I have updated all the enthought packages in Debian to the latest
>> 3.4.0 release. Please update and let me know if there are any issues.
>
> Just to make sure I get things right: I don't see them in sid. They are
> in experimental, right? What's the timeframe for moving from experimental
> to sid?

All the packages are in sid (unstable); though it will take sometime
for the packages to reach all the mirrors and get built for all the
architectures. I see mayavi2 3.3.1 is already available on i386 and
amd64:

http://packages.debian.org/sid/mayavi2 (see the list at the end)

Thanks,
Varun
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released (Debian Packages)

Gael Varoquaux
On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 10:01:11AM -0500, Varun Hiremath wrote:
> All the packages are in sid (unstable); though it will take sometime
> for the packages to reach all the mirrors and get built for all the
> architectures. I see mayavi2 3.3.1 is already available on i386 and
> amd64:

> http://packages.debian.org/sid/mayavi2 (see the list at the end)

OK, that makes sens. Thanks a lot.

Gaël
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Lev Givon
In reply to this post by Ilan Schnell
Received from Ilan Schnell on Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 10:38:07PM EST:

> Hello,
>
> I am happy to announce the release of ETS 3.4.0
> This release includes many updates and bug fixes,
> in particular to Chaco, Enable and Traits.
> The source tarballs can be found on PyPI, as well as:
> http://www.enthought.com/repo/ets
>
> Next week, we're planning to release EPD 6.1, which
> will include this release of ETS.
>
> Best wishes   Ilan

Updated packages were built for Mandriva 2010.0 (in the
contrib/backports repository) and Mandriva cooker (in the
contrib/release repository); they should propagate to mirrors over the
next day or two.

                                                L.G.
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Gökhan SEVER
In reply to this post by Ilan Schnell


On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Glenn,

in the root of the ETS svn repository is a file called
project_map.ini which hasn't been updated yet.  This
is the file which the ets command uses to determine
the versions.  Unfortunately, Dave Peterson, who wrote
the ets command, and is the only person who knows
how to update this file, no longer works at Enthought.
So for the time being, just ignore the wrong version:
$ ets co ets
always gets the trunk projects.

- Ilan

Hello Ilan,

I am using ets co ETS and apparently it is checking-out whatever specified under [ETS_3.3.1] tag in https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/project_map.ini

But not exactly sure why it is following that behaviour instead of pulling the trunk since the url points at url = https://svn.enthought.com/svn/enthought/ETS/trunk

From that file it seems like adding ETS_3.4.0 tag and adding all other updated project tags should make it work with your updated release.







--
Gökhan

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Gökhan SEVER


On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Gökhan Sever <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Glenn,

in the root of the ETS svn repository is a file called
project_map.ini which hasn't been updated yet.  This
is the file which the ets command uses to determine
the versions.  Unfortunately, Dave Peterson, who wrote
the ets command, and is the only person who knows
how to update this file, no longer works at Enthought.
So for the time being, just ignore the wrong version:
$ ets co ets
always gets the trunk projects.

- Ilan

Hello Ilan,

I am using ets co ETS and apparently it is checking-out whatever specified under [ETS_3.3.1] tag in https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/project_map.ini

But not exactly sure why it is following that behaviour instead of pulling the trunk since the url points at url = https://svn.enthought.com/svn/enthought/ETS/trunk

From that file it seems like adding ETS_3.4.0 tag and adding all other updated project tags should make it work with your updated release.







--
Gökhan


OK, Checked-out the latest trunk (rev 25399 as of this writing.)

She doesn't do what she looks like doing :) Very possible source of confusion.

--
Gökhan

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ETS 3.4.0 released

Gökhan SEVER


On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Gökhan Sever <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Gökhan Sever <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Ilan Schnell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Glenn,

in the root of the ETS svn repository is a file called
project_map.ini which hasn't been updated yet.  This
is the file which the ets command uses to determine
the versions.  Unfortunately, Dave Peterson, who wrote
the ets command, and is the only person who knows
how to update this file, no longer works at Enthought.
So for the time being, just ignore the wrong version:
$ ets co ets
always gets the trunk projects.

- Ilan

Hello Ilan,

I am using ets co ETS and apparently it is checking-out whatever specified under [ETS_3.3.1] tag in https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/project_map.ini

But not exactly sure why it is following that behaviour instead of pulling the trunk since the url points at url = https://svn.enthought.com/svn/enthought/ETS/trunk

From that file it seems like adding ETS_3.4.0 tag and adding all other updated project tags should make it work with your updated release.







--
Gökhan


OK, Checked-out the latest trunk (rev 25399 as of this writing.)

She doesn't do what she looks like doing :) Very possible source of confusion.

--
Gökhan

I have started to do some changes to make the ets co ETS check-out the latest 3.4.0 with proper naming.

[ETS_3.4.0]
install_requires = ['AppTools >=3.3.1.dev, <=3.3.1', 'BlockCanvas >=3.1.1.dev, <=3.1.1', 'Chaco >=3.2.1.dev, <=3.2.1', 'CodeTools >=3.1.1.dev, <=3.1.1', 'Enable >=3.2.1.dev, <=3.2.1', 'EnthoughtBase >=3.0.4.dev, <=3.0.4', 'EnvisageCore >=3.1.2.dev, <=3.1.2', 'EnvisagePlugins >=3.1.2.dev, <=3.1.2', 'ETSDevTools >=3.0.4.dev, <=3.0.4', 'ETSProjectTools >=0.6.0.dev, <=0.6.0', 'Mayavi >=3.3.1.dev, <=3.3.1', 'SciMath >=3.0.5.dev, <=3.0.5', 'SetupDocs >=1.0.4.dev, <=1.0.4', 'Traits >=3.2.1.dev, <=3.2.1', 'TraitsBackendQt >=3.2.1.dev, <=3.2.1', 'TraitsBackendWX >=3.2.1.dev, <=3.2.1', 'TraitsGUI >=3.1.1.dev, <=3.1.1']
url = https://svn.enthought.com/svn/enthought/ETS/trunk
extras_require = {'nonets': ['AppTools[nonets]', 'BlockCanvas[nonets]', 'Chaco[nonets]', 'CodeTools[nonets]', 'Enable[nonets]', 'EnthoughtBase[nonets]', 'EnvisageCore[nonets]', 'EnvisagePlugins[nonets]', 'ETSDevTools[nonets]', 'ETSProjectTools[nonets]', 'Mayavi[nonets]', 'SciMath[nonets]', 'SetupDocs[nonets]', 'Traits[nonets]', 'TraitsBackendQt[nonets]', 'TraitsBackendWX[nonets]', 'TraitsGUI[nonets]']}
name = ETS
version = 3.4.0

However I have one important question. https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/browser/?order=date for instance AppTools have latest 3.3.1 tagged but trunk is set to version 3.3.2. How should the AppTools need to be updated or not updated to reflect this change? Is 3.3.2 just an alias for 3.3.1.dev in ets?


--
Gökhan

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev