EPDLab does not open Editra in 6.1.1?

Jon C
Hi all,

  I've been using Enthought python for a few months.  I've just performed an uninstall of the older version, and installed 6.1.1.  However, in EPDLab, neither "new script in editor" or "open script in editor" does anything; it simply sits there and look at me.  Is this known behaviour, or am I in isolated territory?  (If the latter, how can I fix it?)

  My system is OSX Snow Leopard (10.6.3) on an Intel Macbook.  Editra works fine in a previous version of EPDLab.

Jon

Re: EPDLab does not open Editra in 6.1.1?

Ilan Schnell
Hello Jon,

sorry for the trouble your having, and thanks for letting
us know about the Editra/EPDLab problem.  What is
the earlier version of EPD in which it still worked?
Probably the earlier version uses wxPython 2.8.7.1,
where as the new uses 2.8.10.1.  I remember that the
switch from Python 2.5 to 2.6 was causing a problem
with the old wxPython somehow and that switching to
the newer version solved it.

- Ilan

On Apr 8, 2010, at 7:44 PM, Jon C wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I've been using Enthought python for a few months.  I've just
> performed an uninstall of the older version, and installed 6.1.1.
> However, in EPDLab, neither "new script in editor" or "open script
> in editor" does anything; it simply sits there and look at me.  Is
> this known behaviour, or am I in isolated territory?  (If the
> latter, how can I fix it?)
>
>   My system is OSX Snow Leopard (10.6.3) on an Intel Macbook.
> Editra works fine in a previous version of EPDLab.
>
> Jon

Re: EPDLab does not open Editra in 6.1.1?

mingcheng Zhao

Jon C <toeholds@...> writes:

> Hi all,  I've been
using Enthought python for a few months.  I've just performed
an uninstall of the older version, and installed 6.1.1.
However, in EPDLab,
neither "new script in editor" or "open script in editor"
does anything; it simply
sits there and look at me.  Is this known behaviour,
or am I in isolated
territory?  (If the latter, how can I fix it?)
My system is OSX Snow Leopard
(10.6.3) on an Intel Macbook.  Editra works fine in a previous version of
EPDLab.Jon

It's my trouble too.
My system is MS Windows XP.
Today I've reinstalled my