Draw a set of non-voluminous lines in Mayavi/mlab

zgf

Draw a set of non-voluminous lines in Mayavi/mlab

zgf

How can I draw a list of line segments in Mlab?

I have tried iterated application of plot3d, but this does not allow to draw lines as wire segments rather than tubes.

Re: Draw a set of non-voluminous lines in Mayavi/mlab

Gael Varoquaux
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 06:30:06PM -0700, zhouguangfubnu wrote:
> How can I draw a list of line segments in Mlab?

> I have tried iterated application of plot3d, but this does not allow to draw
> lines as wire segments rather than tubes.

To draw segments, you need to use tube_radius=None in plot3d. Check out
the docstring of plot3d.

To draw a list of lines effeciently, it is a bit more involved. Have a
look at
http://docs.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/auto/example_plotting_many_lines.html

Hope this helps,

Gaël
zgf

Re: Draw a set of non-voluminous lines in Mayavi/mlab

zgf
Thanks.:)