Double click action on a plot

Jordan Ilott-2
I've asked a question along these lines before(I also included some sample code with that post). I am wondering what would be the recommended approach to displaying a new window, with a Chaco plot in it, when a plot is double clicked. Is this something that is best achieved by writing a tool to respond to a double click event? Is this better implemented using TraitsUI(the plot is a trait, so I thought that double clicking could launch an editor)?

The example code that I included in my previous post builds a scatter plot matrix(an N x N grid of plots), because the plots can be quite small, I wanted to be able to double click on one to view a single entry in the matrix in a new window.

Thanks

Jordan

Re: Double click action on a plot

Fred
Le 05/03/2013 15:16, Jordan Ilott a écrit :

> I've asked a question along these lines before(I also included some
> sample code with that post). I am wondering what would be the
> recommended approach to displaying a new window, with a Chaco plot in
> it, when a plot is double clicked. Is this something that is best
> achieved by writing a tool to respond to a double click event? Is this
> better implemented using TraitsUI(the plot is a trait, so I thought that
> double clicking could launch an editor)?
>
> The example code that I included in my previous post builds a scatter
> plot matrix(an N x N grid of plots), because the plots can be quite
> small, I wanted to be able to double click on one to view a single entry
> in the matrix in a new window.
You can use the normal_left_dclick() event for the left button, for
instance.

--
Fred