Documentation question: how do i find out in detail about FileDialog (for example)

Documentation question: how do i find out in detail about FileDialog (for example)

robert somerville
in pyface code:
dlg=FileDialog(...)

Re: Documentation question: how do i find out in detail about FileDialog (for example)

Janet Swisher
On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 3:54 PM, robert somerville
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> in pyface code:
> dlg=FileDialog(...)

http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ETS32_API/enthought.pyface.i_file_dialog.IFileDialog.html

Unfortunately, due to the indirection involved in supporting two GUI
toolkits, this is not much help:

http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ETS32_API/enthought.pyface.file_dialog.html

It should probably have a reference to IFileDialog, like the toolkit
implementations do:

http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ETS32_API/enthought.pyface.ui.wx.file_dialog.FileDialog.html

http://code.enthought.com/projects/files/ETS32_API/enthought.pyface.ui.qt4.file_dialog.FileDialog.html

(And likewise for other pyface objects.)

--Janet

chaco plot legend font

Boiteux, Benoit
Hi,
Can someone indicate me how to change the font color of the legend text of a chaco plot?
I tried to append a PlotLabel (with color attribute to 'white') to plot overlays, but it didn't work.

Thanks
Benoit
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Re: chaco plot legend font

Peter Wang
On Jan 14, 2010, at 2:41 AM, Boiteux, Benoit wrote:

> Hi,
> Can someone indicate me how to change the font color of the legend
> text of a chaco plot?

Unfortunately, it's currently a little complicated to do this.  Once
you have created a legend, you can set the color on all of its cached
labels:

# call get_preferred_size() to force creation of the labels
legend.get_preferred_size()
# update all the labels
for label in legend._cached_labels:
   label.color = "red"

I will also modify the legend class now to have a "text_color" trait,
so if you are on the SVN trunk, then you can do an update once that's
checked in.

-Peter

Re: chaco plot legend font

Peter Wang
On Jan 14, 2010, at 11:15 AM, Peter Wang wrote:

> I will also modify the legend class now to have a "text_color" trait,
> so if you are on the SVN trunk, then you can do an update once that's
> checked in.

OK, I've committed a fix for this, revision r25121 in SVN.  I decided
to just call the trait "color" instead of "text_color".

It's worth noting, however, that if you need to tweak the color of a
single label, you can still use the approach I indicated in the
previous email.

-Peter

Re: chaco plot legend font

Boiteux, Benoit
THanks a lot Peter, I'm gonna have a try !

Benoit