DatasetManager and VTKDataSource

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DatasetManager and VTKDataSource

Brennan Williams
I've set up a dataset manager with multiple arrays and names.

self.ug=tvtk.UnstructuredGrid(points=self.points)
....
self.dm=DatasetManager(dataset=self.ug)
self.dm.add_array(activearray1,celldataname1,'cell')
self.dm.add_array(activearray2,celldataname2,'cell')
....
self.dm.activate(celldataname1,'cell')
self.dm.update()

and I set up a VTKDataSource...

self.src=VTKDataSource(data=self.ug)
self.engineview=EngineView(engine=self.gridscene.engine)
self.gridscene.engine.add_source(self.src)

If I add arrays to the dataset manager or I change the active array, it
doesn't change the _cell_scalars_list in the VTKDataSource.

Do DatasetManager and VTKDataSource work together? Or should I be
looking at mlab and add_dataset? Mind you, I'm not using mlab directly,
I'm using MlabSceneModel and putting that in a Traits View.

If anyone can help that would be great as I'm stumped at the moment.

Brennan

_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DatasetManager and VTKDataSource

Gael Varoquaux
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:33:30AM +1300, Brennan Williams wrote:
> If anyone can help that would be great as I'm stumped at the moment.

Hold on for another couple of days guys, I have a bad deadline coming
up...

I no, it is no fun, but I can tell you that it isn't fun for me either,
to be going from deadline to deadline.

Cheers,

Gaël
_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DatasetManager and VTKDataSource

Brennan Williams
Gael Varoquaux wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:33:30AM +1300, Brennan Williams wrote:
>  
>> If anyone can help that would be great as I'm stumped at the moment.
>>    
>
> Hold on for another couple of days guys, I have a bad deadline coming
> up...
>
> I no, it is no fun, but I can tell you that it isn't fun for me either,
> to be going from deadline to deadline.
>
>  
OK thanks, I'll switch to working on removing duplicate points in my
unstructured grid in the meantime.

Brennan

> Cheers,
>
> Gaël
> _______________________________________________
> Enthought-Dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev
>
>  


_______________________________________________
Enthought-Dev mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.enthought.com/mailman/listinfo/enthought-dev