Current cursor position in Chaco plot

Juan Manuel Vázquez Tovar
Hello all,

I'm trying to catch the current cursor coordinates in a Chaco plot and show them as an overlay in the plot or a entries in separated items wthin the same view, but I'm a bit lost.
Could someone point me to the right direction?
It takes a lot of time to go through the documentation to figure out how to do it.
Any help is very much appreciated

Thank you in advance

Juanma

Re: Current cursor position in Chaco plot

sergey miryanov
Look at https://github.com/enthought/chaco/blob/master/examples/demo/basic/scatter_inspector.py for example.

We are using modified LineInspector for such task.

Regards, Sergey

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Juan Manuel Vázquez Tovar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to catch the current cursor coordinates in a Chaco plot and show them as an overlay in the plot or a entries in separated items wthin the same view, but I'm a bit lost.
Could someone point me to the right direction?
It takes a lot of time to go through the documentation to figure out how to do it.
Any help is very much appreciated

Thank you in advance

Juanma

Re: Current cursor position in Chaco plot

Fred
Le 03/12/2012 16:29, Juan Manuel Vázquez Tovar a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to catch the current cursor coordinates in a Chaco plot and show them as an overlay in the plot or a entries in separated items wthin the same view, but I'm a bit lost.
> Could someone point me to the right direction?
> It takes a lot of time to go through the documentation to figure out how to do it.
> Any help is very much appreciated

Take a look at scalar_image_function_inspector.py

in Chaco's examples dir, examples/demo/advanced.

HTH

> Thank you in advance
>
> Juanma

Fred