Current Canopy version directory for Theano linking

Current Canopy version directory for Theano linking

Frédéric Bastien
Hi,

Theano try to reuse Canopy BLAS. In doing so, we need to find the
current directory where it is. Currently we have some heuristic for
that, but it fail when many version of Canopy are installed:

https://github.com/Theano/Theano/pull/1720

We end up with this list of version:

['canopy-1.3.0.1715.rh5-x86_64', 'canopy-1.2.0.1610.rh5-x86_64', 'updates']

We remove the updates directory.

Do you know how we can detect which version is the one currently running?

Our logic to find the directory is here if you want to look at it:

https://github.com/hencrice/Theano/blob/hencrice/dev/redundantAssert/theano/tensor/blas.py#L224

But I know the version, I can fix it.

thanks

Frédéric

Re: Current Canopy version directory for Theano linking

Jonathan Rocher
Frederic,

After consulting with the Canopy team, the most stable way for you to find the location of the dynamic libraries currently used is to ask for sys.base_prefix. The lib folder in there contains the mkl dylib files you are looking for. It seems like your code is already using it in that link you are giving. Are you seeing issues with the code the way it is?

Best,
Jonathan

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Frédéric Bastien <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Theano try to reuse Canopy BLAS. In doing so, we need to find the
current directory where it is. Currently we have some heuristic for
that, but it fail when many version of Canopy are installed:

https://github.com/Theano/Theano/pull/1720

We end up with this list of version:

['canopy-1.3.0.1715.rh5-x86_64', 'canopy-1.2.0.1610.rh5-x86_64', 'updates']

We remove the updates directory.

Do you know how we can detect which version is the one currently running?

Our logic to find the directory is here if you want to look at it:

https://github.com/hencrice/Theano/blob/hencrice/dev/redundantAssert/theano/tensor/blas.py#L224

But I know the version, I can fix it.

thanks

Frédéric

Jonathan Rocher, PhD
Scientific software developer
Enthought, Inc.
[hidden email]
1-512-536-1057
http://www.enthought.com

Re: Current Canopy version directory for Theano linking

Frédéric Bastien
Thanks.

We used it directly on mac, but we where messing with it too much on
linux/windows. I fixed that.

Fred