Controlling the height of a Str trait when displayed using style='custom'

Controlling the height of a Str trait when displayed using style='custom'

Brennan Williams
I'm using...

                        Item('description',label='Description',
                      height=50,width=400,style='custom',
                          tooltip='insert a description of the deck here',
                        ),

or similar in three different views in my app. In one of the views it
comes up about 100 pixels in height, in the other two it is about 400
pixels in height. I then get a vertical slider in my view which means
buttons which I have sitting under lists in other tabs in the view get
scrolled off the bottom.

I've tried different values of height= but I just don't seem to be able
to control the size of the text field. I've deleted my traits_ui
resource file to make sure I wasn't picking up old settings but to no
effect.

Any ideas?

Brennan

Re: Controlling the height of a Str trait when displayed using style='custom'

bryce hendrix-2
On 05/02/2010 09:53 PM, Brennan Williams wrote:

> I'm using...
>
>                          Item('description',label='Description',
>                        height=50,width=400,style='custom',
>                            tooltip='insert a description of the deck here',
>                          ),
>
> or similar in three different views in my app. In one of the views it
> comes up about 100 pixels in height, in the other two it is about 400
> pixels in height. I then get a vertical slider in my view which means
> buttons which I have sitting under lists in other tabs in the view get
> scrolled off the bottom.
>
> I've tried different values of height= but I just don't seem to be able
> to control the size of the text field. I've deleted my traits_ui
> resource file to make sure I wasn't picking up old settings but to no
> effect.
>
> Any ideas?

Try resizable=False and setting the height=-50.