Controlling size of ui items in traitsui

Controlling size of ui items in traitsui

Nishith Aggarwal

Hi all,

First of all, let me thank you guys for the awesome job with Chaco, Traits and TraitsUI. Even with a modest python and UI programming background I was quickly able to build a feature rich, responsive application for our team.

I am however facing an issue. I am unable to control the size of the Items on the app. At the top level I have a View that has a HGroup that displays a plot container in the first column and some UI controls in the second column. Both of them seem to take 50% of the window space and it’s not optimal at all. I was unable to find any attributes at the Item level or the Group level that would allow me to fine tune the sizes.

How is one supposed to go about this ? Are there attributes that I am not aware of  .. I came across full_size but I read on the mailing list that it is not fully implemented yet. width and height don’t seem to work either.

If there’s an example that controls the sizes, can you please point me to it.

Thanks,

Nishith

Note: This email is for the confidential use of the named addressee(s) only and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this email is strictly prohibited, and to please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email and any attachments. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Jump Trading, therefore, does not make any guarantees as to the completeness or accuracy of this email or any attachments. This email is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation, offer, request or solicitation of any kind to buy, sell, subscribe, redeem or perform any type of transaction of a financial product.

Re: Controlling size of ui items in traitsui

Jonathan March
Hi Nishith,

TraitsUI does not support explicit specification of the sizes of Groups or their descendants.

For a workaround, see:
https://github.com/enthought/traitsui/blob/master/examples/demo/Useful/demo_group_size.py

For a complete solution, see:
https://github.com/enthought/enaml