Compiling ETS 3.3.1 on OSX 10.5.8

dpo

Compiling ETS 3.3.1 on OSX 10.5.8

dpo
Hi,

I tried to install ETS from source using the directions from https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/Build/ETS_3.0.0b1/Py2.5/Generic_Any_Any
but I got the following errors from Pyrex:

/Users/dpo/local/src/ETS_3.3.1/Enable/enthought/kiva/mac/ABCGI.pyx:189:4: __new__ method of extension type will change semantics in a future version of Pyrex. Use __cinit__ instead.
/Users/dpo/local/src/ETS_3.3.1/Enable/enthought/kiva/mac/ABCGI.pyx:1369:4: __new__ method of extension type will change semantics in a future version of Pyrex. Use __cinit__ instead.
/Users/dpo/local/src/ETS_3.3.1/Enable/enthought/kiva/mac/ABCGI.pyx:1575:4: __new__ method of extension type will change semantics in a future version of Pyrex. Use __cinit__ instead.
/Users/dpo/local/src/ETS_3.3.1/Enable/enthought/kiva/mac/ABCGI.pyx:721:28: Warning: 'not None' will become the default in a future version of Pyrex. Use 'or None' to allow passing None.
Traceback (most recent call last):

This is just to signal that Kiva (and Enable) compiled without errors after changing __new__ to __cinit__ at the lines indicated above.

Cheers,
Dominique

Re: Compiling ETS 3.3.1 on OSX 10.5.8

Peter Wang
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:51 AM, dpo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to install ETS from source using the directions from
> https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/wiki/Build/ETS_3.0.0b1/Py2.5/Generic_Any_Any
> but I got the following errors from Pyrex:
> This is just to signal that Kiva (and Enable) compiled without errors after
> changing __new__ to __cinit__ at the lines indicated above.
>
> Cheers,
> Dominique

Thanks, Dominique!  We would eventually like to convert this stuff to
Cython, and at that point we'll clean up these sorts of warnings (or
maybe they will go away on their own... :)

-Peter

Re: Compiling ETS 3.3.1 on OSX 10.5.8

Damien Drix-2
Peter Wang <pwang@...> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 6:51 AM, dpo <dominique.orban@...> wrote:
> > This is just to signal that Kiva (and Enable) compiled without errors after
> > changing __new__ to __cinit__ at the lines indicated above.
>
> Thanks, Dominique!  We would eventually like to convert this stuff to
> Cython, and at that point we'll clean up these sorts of warnings (or
> maybe they will go away on their own... :)
>
> -Peter

Thanks, I had the same problem!
Actually, these are errors not warnings. Both easy_install and setup.py
had been failing on my python installation with pyrex 0.9.9.