Compiling EPD with py2exe?

RJS

Compiling EPD with py2exe?

RJS
Does anyone have a setup.py that enables distutils to successfully
import the libs from the Enthought distro? I have not been able to
figure out what it misses, yet, or I'd manually add them.

Ray

Re: Compiling EPD with py2exe?

Didrik Pinte-2
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM, RayS <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone have a setup.py that enables distutils to successfully
> import the libs from the Enthought distro? I have not been able to
> figure out what it misses, yet, or I'd manually add them.
>
> Ray

Hi Ray,

Redistributing the libraries coming with EPD is not authorized by the license.
If you build ETS yourself, you can are free to do it. Here is a blog
post with some information.

Hope this helps,

-- Didrik

Re: Compiling EPD with py2exe?

Thomas Lecocq

Ray

here is the link : http://www.geophysique.be/en/2011/08/01/pack-an-enthought-traits-app-inside-a-exe-using-py2exe-ets-4-0-edit/

(not shy to say it's my blog :-) )

Cheers,

Thom

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Thomas Lecocq <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ray
>
> here is the link : http://www.geophysique.be/en/2011/08/01/pack-an-enthought-traits-app-inside-a-exe-using-py2exe-ets-4-0-edit/

Thanks Thomas ;-) I am so good for the cut but forgot to paste ...

-- Didrik

Re: Compiling EPD with py2exe?

Jack Keegan
Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Thomas Lecocq <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ray
>
> here is the link :
> http://www.geophysique.be/en/2011/08/01/pack-an-enthought-traits-app-inside-a-exe-using-py2exe-ets-4-0-edit/
>
> (not shy to say it's my blog :-) )

 The app you packaged looks interesting. Does it plot the data in real-time
by any chance?

Cheers,

Jack

--
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers
of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in

Re: Compiling EPD with py2exe?

Thomas Lecocq

Jack,

It doesn't for now, but it could ... it's Traits-based, so technically it's doable :-)

Cheers,

Thom

> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:14:18 +0000
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Enthought-Dev] Compiling EPD with py2exe?
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Thomas Lecocq <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Ray
> >
> > here is the link :
> > http://www.geophysique.be/en/2011/08/01/pack-an-enthought-traits-app-inside-a-exe-using-py2exe-ets-4-0-edit/
> >
> > (not shy to say it's my blog :-) )
>

>  The app you packaged looks interesting. Does it plot the data in real-time
> by any chance?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jack
>
> --
> The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers
> of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in
> triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
> - Carl Sagan [Pale Blue Dot]

Re: Compiling EPD with py2exe?

Jack Keegan
Thanks Thom,

RJS

Re: Compiling EPD with py2exe?

RJS
Thanks Thomas!
I'll try it tomorrow...
The explicit import list is what I was looking for, I think.

Ray