[Chaco]: Source-Code for Peter Wangs Example "Chaco: Legend-based highlighting and selection of plots "

[Chaco]: Source-Code for Peter Wangs Example "Chaco: Legend-based highlighting and selection of plots "

Markus Gonser-2
Hello Everybody,

to some of you, this might seem trivial, but I am just getting started with Chaco. Could anyone please point me to the source code of the Chaco Example showed in

I checked the Chaco Examples and I could not find this particular one.

Thanks and best regards,

Markus

Re: [Chaco]: Source-Code for Peter Wangs Example

bryce hendrix
Markus Gonser <mailinglist@...> writes:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> to some of you, this might seem trivial, but I am just getting started
with Chaco. Could anyone please point me to the source code of the Chaco
Example showed in

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_4veBBnc8
>
> I checked the Chaco Examples and I could not find this particular one.

Markus, this was something I wrote up a couple blog posts a long time ago (5
years, eek!) for

http://blog.enthought.com/enthought-tool-suite/making-a-chaco-highlight-
legend/

Since then, the LegendHighlighter has been added as a tool

https://github.com/enthought/chaco/blob/master/chaco/tools/legend_highlighte
r.py

Re: [Chaco]: Source-Code for Peter Wangs Example

Markus Gonser-2
Hi Bryce,

thanks for your answer. I did not know yet. I will check on it.

Markus

Am 18.09.2013 um 18:47 schrieb Bryce Hendrix <[hidden email]>:

>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> to some of you, this might seem trivial, but I am just getting started
> with Chaco. Could anyone please point me to the source code of the Chaco
> Example showed in
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_4veBBnc8
>>
>> I checked the Chaco Examples and I could not find this particular one.
>>

> Markus, this was something I wrote up a couple blog posts a long time ago (5
> years, eek!) for
>
> http://blog.enthought.com/enthought-tool-suite/making-a-chaco-highlight-
> legend/
>
> Since then, the LegendHighlighter has been added as a tool
>
> https://github.com/enthought/chaco/blob/master/chaco/tools/legend_highlighte
> r.py
>
> Bryce

Re: [Chaco]: Source-Code for Peter Wangs Example

Adam Hughes
I can't find it either, but wanted to point this link out:

In case you didn't know about it.  It may be in there but I can't find it.

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Markus <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Bryce,

thanks for your answer. I did not know yet. I will check on it.

Markus

Am 18.09.2013 um 18:47 schrieb Bryce Hendrix <[hidden email]>:

>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> to some of you, this might seem trivial, but I am just getting started
> with Chaco. Could anyone please point me to the source code of the Chaco
> Example showed in
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_4veBBnc8
>>
>> I checked the Chaco Examples and I could not find this particular one.
>>

> Markus, this was something I wrote up a couple blog posts a long time ago (5
> years, eek!) for
>
> http://blog.enthought.com/enthought-tool-suite/making-a-chaco-highlight-
> legend/
>
> Since then, the LegendHighlighter has been added as a tool
>
> https://github.com/enthought/chaco/blob/master/chaco/tools/legend_highlighte
> r.py
>
> Bryce

Adam Hughes
Physics Ph.D Candidate
George Washington University

Re: [Chaco]: Source-Code for Peter Wangs Example

Markus Gonser-2
Hi Adam,

thanks - i knew already that ressource. With the tip of bryce I have enough information to study how it was implemeted. I got an example working now. Nevertheless I have still another open topic, I did not yet proceed with. I opened it in this thread:

[Enthought-Dev] [Chaco]: Hook after rendering of lines, but before render of image: https://mail.enthought.com/pipermail/enthought-dev/2013-September/032587.html

Markus