Adding menu items to groups

Rob McMullen
Is there any way to add a menu item to an existing group in the menu? I'm using tasks, and the _extra_actions_default sets up a SchemaAddition but I guess path is only able to refer to submenus.  E.g. "MenuBar/File/OpenGroup" can't refer to the group named "OpenGroup" in the File menu.

I sort-of kludged it by adding a Separator called OpenGroupEnd after the group and referencing that as the after condition. See attached.

Any better ways to do this?

Thanks,

Rob

menu_group_addition.py (4K) Download Attachment